Suggestion for DJ-1 added sales

Moderator: Michael

Suggestion for DJ-1 added sales

Postby OwenW » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:23 pm

After watching the Youtube video on applying sandpaper to the DJ-1's miter jaws I wondered why you could not offer extra sets of jaws as an add-on sale, like bushings. I could see this as a nice benefit for users that want one set with sandpaper in place and another without, for a quick change between an unfinished wood project and a finished wood or other material. Certainly the Universal Jaws would support multiple pair purchases for some users, leaving a set in a specialized jig while the other is ready for ad hoc work, but it appears they will be available for purchase separately.

Just a stray thought from what is certainly the least skilled woodworker on this forum....
OwenW

Postby John » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:59 am

Owen-

Thanks for the suggestion! Sometimes around here we get so busy working on the "next thing" that we forget to address some of the nuances that would serve some of our customers.

Your suggestion is noted--we will make arrangements to add all of the jaws to our website as single items soon.

One last thought--we were all inexperienced at one time and I know I wont forget my early struggles. But you are in the company of some damn good woodworkers here so don't hesitate to ask questions--our tenure on this blue ball is only so long which means the more time we have to make things is a good thing!

Best-

John
John
Site Admin

Postby John » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Owen;

Nice meeting you today in Chicago--it's too bad I couldn't accept the bag of cash you offered me to disclose the identity of the CT-17... maybe in a weaker moment your ploy would have worked.

Best-

John
John
Site Admin

Postby OwenW » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:04 am

John wrote:Owen;

Nice meeting you today in Chicago--it's too bad I couldn't accept the bag of cash you offered me to disclose the identity of the CT-17... maybe in a weaker moment your ploy would have worked.

Best-

John

Likewise, John. I made the trip up to the far nort side (that's how North is pronounced in that neighborhood) expressly to meet you.

Perhaps I should have gone back out to the car for the second bag....
OwenW

Return to General DJ-1 Questions and Observations