Blade curve due to saw guides?

Kinks and possible issues that lead to frustration

Moderator: Michael

Blade curve due to saw guides?

Postby dvgframing@gmail.com » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:21 pm

I finished assembling my Jointmaker last night. I'm very pleased with the quality generally but I'm having an issue with blade straightness. Just clamped in the saw spline the blade is straight. When I put on the blade guides however it takes on a bow where the ends go to the right and the belly goes to the left. When I did some trouble shooting I placed the guides on a wing of my jointer and the grey guide bows so much that when one side is down the other is maybe 1/8" or more off the table. The black side seems better but I think there is a slight bow that matches, although very minor. If I put the guides tight to the blade I can make a descent cut if the front end of the saw blade is kept within the piece of wood as it rises above the table. Otherwise the deflection that still occurs in the blade makes the end not align with the cut that was initiated with the belly of the blade. Am I doing something wrong or should those pieces be perfectly flat?

Thanks,
-Dan
dvgframing@gmail.com

Re: Blade curve due to saw guides?

Postby John@bridgecitytools.com » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:09 am

Dan-

Your guides sound suspect to me. Please contact us immediately for replacements or repair.

800-253-3332

-John
John@bridgecitytools.com

Re: Blade curve due to saw guides?

Postby dvgframing@gmail.com » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:35 am

Took another look when I removed the guides again. The deflection on the grey side is less than I was thinking... probably lifts 1/32". Thanks for the quick response!
dvgframing@gmail.com

Return to Jointmaker Pro Known Issues (Complaint Department)