Acrylic cursor

Kinks and possible issues that lead to frustration

Moderator: Michael

Acrylic cursor

Postby Outofthewoodtoyou » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Step 23. The screw just does not seem right for the cursor - or maybe I have the wrong one (its the smallest one - the allen wrench was tiny!). Anyway - to get it anywhere near tight where it would stay where you need it - the cursor cracked. I'm not sure why you chose to use a plastic cursor especially when the flip down stops are so beefy. That one part is the only "chessy" part of the whole tool.
Outofthewoodtoyou

Postby John » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:23 am

Cheesy? OK, kidding aside, give us a call on Monday and we will send you another. The cursor is a tight fit, but it does nothing but ride along with the front traveler, never encounters anything but air, and it allows you to see through it.

John
John
Site Admin

acrylic cursor again

Postby User304717 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:01 am

Maybe the problem I had with my acrylic cursor is that I installed it on the outside of the traveler, rather than in the traveler groove? But, the groove is too narrow to accept the cursor. The cursor I have is 0.067" (1/16") while the groove appears to be 0.060." I'm not expert on tolerances, but this seems like it wouldn't work--IF the cursor is suppose to fit in the groove. It wasn't clear to me from the assembly instructions.

thanks,
User304717

Postby John » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:31 am

Step 23 of the manual mentions that the cursor is to be inserted into the groove in the front traveler. It is a tight fit and we use a pocket rule to gently open the groove to accept the cursor.

No problem, give us a call and we can send you another cursor.
1-800-253-3332

Sorry for the confusion.

John
John
Site Admin

Postby John » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:33 am

We did neglect to mention in the manual that the cursor has a protective film on each side that needs to be removed prior to insertion--we will fix the manual.

John
John
Site Admin

Postby Doug » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:49 am

Wish I'd spotted this thread before installing mine last night.
I missed this film
John wrote:We did neglect to mention in the manual that the cursor has a protective film on each side that needs to be removed prior to insertion--we will fix the manual.

John

And also incorrectly assumed the manual meant to use the flat face of a rule up against the cursor to push it into the slot. I managed to chew up the edge and tip a bit pushing on it with the blade on a 6" combo square and 3" engineer square. Yout might want to elaborate on the use of the ruler in the manual too.
John wrote:Step 23 of the manual mentions that the cursor is to be inserted into the groove in the front traveler. It is a tight fit and we use a pocket rule to gently open the groove to accept the cursor.
John
Doug

Re: Acrylic cursor

Postby nick.with.a.z@gmail.com » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:21 am

Had the same problem as Outofthewoodtoyou :-(

Any chance you can send a postcard with a spare cursor (or 2) to Australia?!
nick.with.a.z@gmail.com

Return to Jointmaker Pro Known Issues (Complaint Department)