Source for Triflow Superior with PTFE

Discuss general thoughts on the Jointmaker Pro.

Moderator: Michael

Source for Triflow Superior with PTFE

Postby BobStrawn » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:06 am

A lot of fine bicycle shops carry the stuff. Most hardware stores do not. It is really good stuff.

Bob
BobStrawn

Postby User303518 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:49 am

i just got a spray can of dry teflon lubricant (mich like a wd-40 canister with spray tip) at lowes. think dupont makes it. it was carried on a front endcap display where they carry tubes of lithium grease and the like.
User303518

Upgrade for Triflow Superior with PTFE?!?

Postby User303458 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:10 pm

The Triflow lubricant that came with the saw is indeed some good stuff, but it was thin enough and my eyes are weak enough that I was having some trouble controlling it. I've had great luck with a foaming lubricant elsewhere, but it was chlorinated, so I stopped using it.

Wouldn't you know it - there's a TRI-FLOW Superior FOAMING lubricant with PTFE too! Its made by Sherwin Williams Company, and their MSDS shows no chlorinated solvents! Since it appears to have virtually the same constituents as what came with the Jointmaker Pro, I expect it would work wonderful for me. Do you foresee any warantee/incompatibility issues with this product before I try it?

Thanks![/code]
User303458

Postby John » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:45 am

There are no warranty issues with experimenting with different lubes so please let us know how it works and how you applied it.

(The worst thing that can happen is the acetyl ways get trashed and they are replaceable)

--John Economaki
John
Site Admin

Return to Jointmaker Pro General Questions