JMP v2 vs V1 - What are the differences?

Discuss general thoughts on the Jointmaker Pro.

Moderator: Michael

JMP v2 vs V1 - What are the differences?

Postby Doug » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Now that the prototype has been unvieled at WIA, can we get a summary of what changes have been made? Wish WIA was a bit closer but I couldn't make it. Anyway, I'm sort of wondering if there's an upgrade kit planned if any of the changes are To-Die-For.

Doug
Doug

Postby Michael » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:18 pm

We are still experimenting with an upgrade for the Jointmaker Pro. We did some great testing at the WIA show, though the prototype did not go as smoothly as we wanted it to. More testing needs to happen before we could ever let this go out the door.
We'll keep you all posted with our findings. We were hopeful that this new rail system would be even lower maintenance and cleaner, but it is back to the drawing board for now.
One fantastic finding that we came upon was the WD-40 Pen lube. It worked really well and was not nearly as messy as liquid. It is available in many stores too.
Michael
Site Admin

Postby Doug » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:38 am

Michael
What's the skinny on the WD-40 Pen lube? Is there another forum thread somewhere that this is discussed?
Doug

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:58 am

Well, we found the WD-40 pen lube to work well, without the mess of a liquid lube. That's about it.
I don't think it is discussed on another thread at the moment.
Michael
Site Admin

Postby rwest » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:25 am

Hi,

Could you tell us a little more about the updated JMP, is it just the rails, or are there other updates? Are the rails being changed just because of the lubrication mess or will they run smoother with less chance of slop? I have noticed that there seems to be a fine line between smooth and wiggle when adjusting.

Curious minds want to know! Thanks Michael.

Rutager
rwest

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:37 pm

The experiments are with the rails only. We stumbled upon a rail system that had a lot of potential.
We are far from certain that it will work, we'll let you know what we find out!

Michael
Michael
Site Admin

Re: JMP v2 vs V1 - What are the differences?

Postby rilem@yopmail.com » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:15 am

Discussion has been carried out for the security of the elements or the humans. The knitted items and cheap thesis writing have been produced for the flow of the projects for the humans. The whole scheme has been invited for the use of the instruments for the humans in life.
rilem@yopmail.com

Return to Jointmaker Pro General Questions