Mortise techniques

Mortise techniques

Postby rotto@mac.com » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi all,

As I am looking for any excuse to test the Tenonmaker's abilities, I am curious as to the methods used to create the mortises for the Tenonmaker video.

I am in the process of constructing a workbench that requires several large M&T joints (both stopped and through tenons, 1.5 x 2.25" and 1 x 3", respectively) in beech stock 3-3.5" in cross section. I've tried a plunge router technique thus far, with less than satisfying results and the noise only underscores my dissatisfaction. The cut seems quite uncontrolled even with a fence or template, although perhaps it's my lack of experience. Using a drill press followed by chiseling seems calmer, but not sure if the results will be better.

Thanks for any suggestions! And thanks for designing all these great ways to keep me entertained in my free time.

Randy
rotto@mac.com

Re: Mortise techniques

Postby jerryjames086@gmail.com » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:59 pm

The mortise hole and the join tongue. The join, shaped on the finish of a part for the most Assignment Writing Australia part referred to as a rail, fits into a square or rectangular hole cut into the corresponding part.
jerryjames086@gmail.com

Return to General Uses