CT-14

Discuss your favorite Commemorative Tool.

Moderator: Michael

CT-14

Postby Will » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:43 am

Does anyone have a favorite way to clean the polished brass edge of the CT-14?
Will

Postby KWCabs » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:51 pm

Hi Will, I don't have a CT-14, but I recently got a CT-12. I've been using a product actually intended to polish plastics called Hut Ultra Gloss. I've only used it a tiny bit on brass, but it seems to do a great job and the abrassive is obviously extremely fine so as not to be able to scratch plasitcs which are much softer. I of course would recommend a little test to make sure it has satisfactory results for you. I would also think that a jewelry polish might work very well. The ultra gloss though, being extremely fine, will not polish out anything very bad, but rather very fine scratches will probably disappear.
KWCabs

Postby Dennis » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:40 am

I have been happy using the products listed on this site. Maas polish followed by a thin coat of T-9 before storing them.

I get out tools for a project and use them witout paying attention to handling them (user mode), but before storing them, I like to clean them up. I use this method and apply the T-9 using thin cotton gloves to avoid fingerprints, then store. The T-9 has a protective wax in it which dries on the metal providing some extra protection.

DPJ
Dennis

Return to CT exchange