CT-3 Real World Use!

Discuss your favorite Commemorative Tool.

Moderator: Michael

CT-3 Real World Use!

Postby rwest » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Hello Everyone,

Last summer I drove out to David Marks Studio to take a class, and on the way out there, at night I hit a large piece of something which did some damage to my front suspension. As part of the repairs, I needed to install new rubber bushings on the A-arms. The instructions called for setting the arm level and the bushings at 14.5 deg. and 20.5 degrees. Since I'm not sure if I'm a collector or user-it depends upon the day! I had to decide if I should use the CT-3 for auto repair. It was perfect for the application, and wouldn't get damaged. As you can see, I used it! If it makes the die-hard collectors feel better, you can see I used it in the woodshop, not the garage!

Here it is, back safe and sound in its box, clean and with a fresh coat of paste wax!

Hopefully I won't be labeled a heretic because of my use of a CT for auto repairs!

-Rutager
rwest

Heretic, loser and everything else

Postby User305678 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:51 pm

Rutager,

I am sorry but I am afraid I am going to have to start a petition to drop your BCTW status to wannabe. All of your current BCTW tools are now forfeit and I will be by to return them to John, yeah or Michael or maybe I will just keep them just in case your status ever changes back. :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fred
User305678

Postby rwest » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Fred,

You make a good point, I will start boxing up all my tools for you to keep until I've come to my senses!

I really did think about using it for a while, and it came down to this; The CT-3 was the perfect tool for the job, the parts were degreased, and I could use it safely at my bench. I also figured this to be better than supporting the cheap tool manufacturing trade by buying a $10 imported angle finder to use a few times (and questioning the accuracy.)

Now, do you want all my tools or just the ones that I might use for non-woodworking functions?

-Rutager
rwest

Return to CT exchange