KM-1 and Festool TS 75 Circular Saw

KM-1 and Festool TS 75 Circular Saw

Postby Gerardo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Can anyone tell if it is possible to use KM-1 with a Festool TS 75 Circular Saw? :D
Gerardo

Postby rwest » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Gerardo,

Here's how I think you could get it to work; set the rail for your first cut, set up 2 kerfmakers for your kerf and stock thickness, set one on each end touching the rail and clamp a stop block to touch the other end of the kermaker, then make the first cut, flip the kerfmakers and move the rail to touch them and make the second cut.

-Rutager
rwest

Postby User308609 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:14 am

I think what Rutager suggested might work in theory but in practice it might not work precisely enough because of difficulty in keeping everything down tight and not move while you are making the cuts. I think that for a shorter cut where I'm assuming that you have the rail fixed to the top of your Festool work table, you can set a fence on the left side and setup your KM between the fixed fence and the back of the stock you're cutting, not the back of the rail. By "back" I mean the edge opposite the cut. For longer cuts where I'm assuming you would have a longer rail that's loose, I don't believe it's worth the trouble.
I did see one guy mount that saw upside down in a rectangular hole in his workbench to emulate a table saw and I considered doing the same, but I ended up getting a table saw myself.

Teo
User308609

Postby Gerardo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:46 pm

First of all, thanks to both of You. I guess the Teo idea it is more feasible (and cheaper too :lol: ) I'm going to think how to work on it.
Gerardo

Return to General Uses