Binding of Assembled Keel

A discussion about the second version of the Jointmaker Pro

Moderator: Michael

Binding of Assembled Keel

Postby aussietxc01@yahoo.com » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:30 pm

I'm working my way through the assembly and have encountered a bit of a challenge / issue at step 18 (page 13) of the manual. The issue is that I'm finding it very difficult to move the keel assembly once the linear rail assemblies have been installed.

I mounted and adjusted the front and rear trunnions as per step 14 (page 11) and ensured there was no movement perpendicular to the tracks while still being able to move them freely along the tracks. I next installed the keel assembly as per step 15 (page 12) and with the fasteners snugged up I was still able to move the keel easily. As per step 16, I have checked that there is no lateral movement of the keel.

Once I progressed to step 18 (page 13) and had the linear rails installed I checked the angular movement of the keel and found it to be extremely difficult. I have checked to ensure the keel lock knobs were not tightened and that I did not missed anything else obvious.

In an attempt to investigate / rectify the matter I loosed the cap screws which fix the keel to the front / rear trunnion and checked the clearance on the trunnions within the guides. No issue there.

Upon reinstalling the keel I was able to install the front keel lock knob (with the inner and outer nylon washer. The issue I've encountered was when I tried reinstalling the rear keel lock knob. While the outer nylon washer is not an issue, I'm finding that there is absolutely no room for the inner washer. I expect the inner and outer washers are there to provide increased friction between the plates (front and rear) and the keel when the angle is fixed but what I'm encountering is far in excess of what I would have expected, given the ease of movement shown on the videos.

Any guidance with this will be appreciated.
aussietxc01@yahoo.com

Re: Binding of Assembled Keel

Postby rwest » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:36 pm

If I read your explanation correctly, which is very well written by the way, I would loosen up the linear rails so you can slip that nylon washer in and then see if it moves easier.

You probably already know this, but you should grab onto the middle of the keel to adjust the angle- the round tube between the gears.

Rutager
rwest

Postby carolinecoleman065@gmail.com » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:07 am

Pleasant short article,thanks
academized review to the details. It is very comprehensive data
carolinecoleman065@gmail.com

Postby kellybright0989@gmail.com » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:17 pm

I've never had such a problem, I don't really know what to suggest.
Check this source The mechanical world Maybe you will find the answer here.
kellybright0989@gmail.com

Return to Jointmaker Pro v2