Dovetail Keys on the Fence and Flip Stops

A discussion about the second version of the Jointmaker Pro

Moderator: Michael

Dovetail Keys on the Fence and Flip Stops

Postby dr.nono@sbcglobal.net » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Great looking new Fence system!!! In the mean time I want to cut some custom jigs and poplar fences for the JMPV2. I just read that the screw hole size on the tables is 8-32, but what's the size of the dovetail keys on the fence? That is to say, what size router bit should I use to cut the sliding dovetail groove on the back of the fence? Somewhere it seems that I read 18 degrees, but don't remember where or why I think so. Is that right?

Also has anyone had much luck with flipstops by incra or woodhaven or kreg? Does something else work better than these flip stops (other than the beautiful new BCTW system)?
dr.nono@sbcglobal.net

Re: Dovetail Keys on the Fence and Flip Stops

Postby paul@paulkirchnerstudios.com » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Dr.nono,
The screw size is actually 10/32 for V2.
And it seems to me to be 18 degrees.

I'm in the process right now of adapting an Incra fence and it's flip stops right now. Will let you know how it goes after some experience with it.
SFPaul
paul@paulkirchnerstudios.com

Re: Dovetail Keys on the Fence and Flip Stops

Postby alleslie@ruraltel.net » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:56 pm

While playing around and recalibrating my saw this weekend, I had the wooden fence off and noticed that the BCTW US-4 Universal Square locks under the dovetail blocks to set your fence square to the blade. The angle on the side of the base matches the angle of the dovetail block and the spacing above the table is perfect. Coincidence? It's a system...
alleslie@ruraltel.net

Return to Jointmaker Pro v2