JMP-V2 Upgrade bevel issue

A discussion about the second version of the Jointmaker Pro

Moderator: Michael

JMP-V2 Upgrade bevel issue

Postby bunjinjess » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:36 pm

I purchased and installed the JMP-V2 upgrade. I could not be more impressed, with the ease of cut, and the freedom to experiment that it has afforded me. However just recently, I tried to "lay" over the keel to cut the miter on a door with an integral profile, and crash! After preliminary set up, i tried my first cut and the bearing block collided with the Keel. What did I do wrong? Has any one else encountered this issue?
cheers
Jesse
bunjinjess

Postby rwest » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi,

By chance, did you install the bearing blocks backward? the beveled sides need to face the blade to give it clearance for angled cuts.

-Rutager
rwest

Postby bunjinjess » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:40 pm

I installed them correctly actually. I called and spoke to John, and am all set. I was past 45, and on both bevels. Per usual, OPERATOR ERROR. It is funny how much using this tool has effected my approach around the shop> Routine checks of all set ups, etc. It feels like driving a manual transmission car. You have to be very "tuned" in. Onward and upward, or forward, and backward, and forward and backward , and forward and backward ......
bunjinjess

Return to Jointmaker Pro v2