Production update

A discussion about the second version of the Jointmaker Pro

Moderator: Michael

Production update

Postby Charles » Sat May 01, 2010 7:34 am

Any news on how well production is going?

Sorry, I’m like a little kid before Christmas. :)
Charles

Postby John » Thu May 06, 2010 10:01 am

Charles;

Your Christmas just got better.

We have made a significant change to the linear table system since we announced the second production run. Right when we were issuing component purchase orders in Feb, I accidentally discovered a new bearing made in Germany that I wanted to test--this led to a new series of prototypes. The German bearing failed our tests, but in the process we made a significant discovery and we are completely ecstatic with this new system.

The end results are the cuts are now better (hard to believe actually), the tables are more efficient and smoother in operation. AND we are going to save each and every upgrade kit customer, and new order customers, some money--we don't know how much yet but it will be less.

We are still 90 days away at the earliest and we are doing our best to improve this--but it is worth the wait.

And while I am on the subject of the JMP, we are working on a gear cutting accessory--way cool so stay tuned!

--John
John
Site Admin

Postby Charles » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Hope this doesn't have have an affect on the JMPs debut ... Portland
Charles

Delay on JMPv2

Postby User303346 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:50 am

This morning I noticed on the JMPv2 web page that the ship date for has been pushed back another month. Is October a realistic date for shipment or an optimistic one?

I absolutely love the tools that I've purchased from you guys over the past 6 or 7 years; 3 beautiful hand planes, several saws and a handful of gages that all see daily workouts. But these production delays are getting frustrating. While I understand and appreciate that quality takes time, there is also something to be said about deadlines.

At this point I'm not sure if I'm more frustrated with this being the 4th or 5th production delay, the complete silence and lack of notification of any of these delays, or having to wait once again for the delivery of what I'm sure will be another wonderful tool.

:?
User303346

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:51 pm

Production is in full swing at the moment and we are planning shipping in mid October.

This batch has been delayed for a variety of reasons, some of them because of last minute design changes and updates and others because of cutbacks in production capabilities of vendors. A lot of manufacturers are now playing catch up with orders while still maintaining low employee numbers and low capital investments. It trickles down.

Our design updates are exciting and we are pleased with them. We sacrificed delivery times in order to get these updates in place. We are now happy to say that we have a true linear ball bearing system in that is working wonderfully.

We do try to update the product page when possible. If you indeed ever have a question please do not hesitate to call or email us. michael@bridgecitytools.com 503.282.6997

Thanks for your patience, we could not do this without it!
Michael
Site Admin

Postby Charles » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Could you post some new pictures? It could keep the crowd from storming the Bridge. :P Maybe even some pictures of Atlanta. Were there any Bridge City booth babes?
Charles

Postby Michael » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:41 am

We'll hopefully get some pictures of the new system up this week.

No pictures from the Atlanta show, sorry to say!
Michael
Site Admin

Postby ALeslie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

So, the middle of the month is next week. Is that still the time? Will there be 28tpi blades available to add to our shipment?

Thanks!
ALeslie

production update

Postby User306439 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:22 am

Hi John,

Is there already any news?

Thanks in advance for your reaction.

Gr Hugo
User306439

Postby Michael » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:22 am

We are into the final stages of the Jointmakers. We have a bit of lasering and a LOT of packaging to do, then they are out the door! Thank you all so much for you patience, this schedule, or lack of, has been absurd and we do acknowledge this.
We are trying to put systems in place to prevent this from happening again.

Michael
Michael
Site Admin

Production Update

Postby User308381 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:42 am

I noticed in another thread that the JMP v2 has been received by at least one customer. The site (catalog) indicates, however, that it is in production.

Are all the v2's sold and the cycle starts over? If so, do you have a projected date for availability of additional inventory?
User308381

Production

Postby User308381 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Ok, nevermind. I see now on the website that the next lot has not been scheduled.
User308381

Postby John » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe we have one JMP v2 in stock. You would have to call to confirm.

-John

PS: We will begin the third production run pre-order process in Feb for a fall delivery.
John
Site Admin

Return to Jointmaker Pro v2