A discussion about the second version of the Jointmaker Pro

Moderator: Michael

Postby Michael » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:51 am

Ha! Maybe you are right! Let's hope so!
Michael
Site Admin

Postby savatteridesigns » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:32 pm

News-flash . . .

My rudimentary 3- point miter clamp works wonderfully.

Posts & photos over the weekend.

over at....... Jointmaker Pro Jig/Fixtures Accessories Idea Bank

savatteridesigns

Postby ForumMFG » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:56 am

Roger,

Would you mind send me a PM with your e-mail address, I have a couple questions for you.
ForumMFG

Postby savatteridesigns » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:18 am

In an effort to get more info up on a regular, err ... real time basis - I'm going to be posting "Tweeter-Like Posts" of specific JMP moments in the workshop.

In the following shots I'm really ecstatic over the wood-clamp from the JMP-sw that Michael sent me to test out.
It holds even a thin profile very securely and works well with any of the JMP versions. (below I'm using it on the JMP-v1 version to cut a miter)
You also see me using only one of the two that come in the set.

(It only comes standard with the JMP-sw, but I'm told it will be available as an accessory item) - one could also grab some maple and make one - oneself.

In the third shot I'm using the CT-15 to set the blade angle.
Remember, although there is a degree scale on the forward plate - it's always best to set the blade to the work.
(There are flip-stops to use if you need to go back to that angle at a latter date)

savatteridesigns

Postby John » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:51 am

Roger-

It is the nature of my life that I am always apologizing for mistakes--been going on for almost three score now...

I believe we have shot ourselves in the foot by making the CT-15 a Commemorative tool. Without question, I cannot live without this device when I demo the JMP--nice to see that you are using it exactly as intended. It is small, compact and reliable.

So my question to those who peruse this forum, should we make another version of this with an aluminum body, saddle squares and SS bevel (much less $$$) ?

Let me know.

John
John
Site Admin

Postby ForumMFG » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:33 am

John,

I am all for that. I've talked to you and Natasha about when any of the saddle squares and bevel would be avaiable, so I'm already in the market for something like this.. I would like to see it in the same color scheme as the DJ-1.. The Dark Grey and Burnt Orange colors really go together well and make for a really sexy tool.

Any chance of a positive stop at 90 and 45 could be incorporated into it?
ForumMFG

Postby John » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:05 pm

Maybe--It's more complex than meets the eye--to be accurate anyway.

--John
John
Site Admin

Postby rwest » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:23 pm

John,

Yes, tools are like crack to me so I say make it!

I also like ForumMFG's idea, but of course an inaccurate stop is worse then no stop at all. Maybe you could add another saddle to the tool that was at a 45 deg. angle!

If you use the bevel gauge on the JMP, it has many edges that are machined at 90 that you could set a bevel off of the JMP itself.

One more thought would be to produce a machined anodized set up gauge similar to the SUG-1 but with common bevel angles cut out of or into it.

-Rutager
rwest

Postby rwest » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:39 pm

John,

Another idea just struck, maybe if the bevel section could seperate from the saddle section, the saddles could be used to set the bevel! if it incorporated 6:1, 8:1, 45, 22.5, and 90 in the saddle section you would have a very powerful layout tool in one compact package!

-Rutager
rwest

Previous

Return to Jointmaker Pro v2