Angle Master Pro 6i calculator programing

If you don't know where to post your comment, put it in here.

Moderator: Michael

Angle Master Pro 6i calculator programing

Postby rwest » Tue May 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased a AMP6i second hand without instructions, the fantastic office staff at BCTW where able to e-mail me the manual and instructions for programming the HP 32. I looked online for it and found that they have become "collectable" and sell used for $200. I instead decided to try my luck on a $50 HP 33s, It appears to work the same way, and I'm able to program A-E and they work fine and solve the sample angles in the instructions, but when I enter the next three, not only do they not work, they cause the A-E ones to not work.

Does anyone know of a solution or have any tips?

Thanks, Rutager
rwest

Postby Dennis » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:50 am

Thanks Rutgar for the hint!

I also have one and have recently but did purchase the HP-332SII. I watched on e-bay for some time and finally picked one up for $140. I would like the programming instructions if I could get them. I will request directly from Natasha.
Dennis

Postby rwest » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:28 am

Hi,

Natasha can supply you with two pdfs' one is called AMP6i.pdf, it is the users guide, the other is called Chart.pdf, it is a picture of both sides of the "cheat sheet" that was originally a two sided card to use for deciding which program to use.

Here's an update on my calculator problem; I was also keeping an eye on e-bay and last weekend a lady had 6 32sii for sale! I of course ended up paying the highest bid! they went between 89 and 107. I recieved it on Wed. and then went to open the pdf that I had moved to my desktop, but stupid me had only moved the "link" to Natasha's e-mail, and since I thought I had a copy on my computer, I had deleted the e-mail a long time ago! so I'm waiting for Natasha to be back in the office on Monday to get the file again!

The HP 33s calculator will not work for the AMP 6i. While I was searching for the 32sii, I ended up at HP's site and in the column under memory it stated that it would hold 27 lines of programming, which of course is not enough to put all eight programs in! Looking at the chart I think the 35s may work, if someone has one please let the forum know!

Rutager
rwest

Postby rwest » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:38 am

Hello again,

Just another side note about calculators, about aweek or so ago HP made some Apps available for the iphone and itouch. there are two right now one emulates the HP 12 business calc, and the other the HP 15 scientific calc. I have to think that the 32Sii can't be far behind due to it's continuing popularity on e-bay!

Rutager
rwest

To All;

Postby John » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:20 pm

I am out of town until around the 15th of July but I will post the trig formulas we developed for this amazing tool--which, v2 is in the prototype stage--I will keep you posted.

The most significant change in the new version is the elimination of the set-up block.

--John
John
Site Admin

Postby rwest » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi,

Well, Natasha e-mailed me the AMP 6i user guide today. So after work I got my HP 32Sii programed, it wasn't too hard and most important, IT WORKED! Now I have no excuse to not start using some compound angles in my work and using the JMP to cut them! As a side note: if you don't already own a copy of BCTW's guide to compound miters, do yourself a favor and get one, they're all of 5 dollars and all the math is done for you!

Rutager
rwest

Return to General Questions