Selling?

If you don't know where to post your comment, put it in here.

Moderator: Michael

Selling?

Postby randy@hillcityhardwoods.com » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Sorry to jump in here with this question but I could use some help. I'm a woodworker and I sell lumber to other woodworkers. Very involved with our local guild. I'm currently trying to help a lady who's husband recently died. He was an avid Bridge City Toolworks collector. I have probably 20 to 30 different pieces to try to sell including about 10 years of commemorative tools.

So, my question is, do you think ebay is the best place to sell these? We had a silent auction locally within the guild and raised some money but there just isn't a market here to get fair prices.

Thanks.
Randy
randy@hillcityhardwoods.com

Re: Selling?

Postby rwest » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi Randy,

I would say "yes," eBay is going to be your best bet for consistent maximum price. You could also try Craigslist, but that seems like people always want stuff real cheap.

Good luck and good on you for helping the lady out.

Rutager
rwest

Postby randy@hillcityhardwoods.com » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Thanks. We had a silent auction at my lumber shop but I knew the local market wasn't really ripe for BCTs. I just updated all my ebay account info and will start to post items in the next couple days. Cataloged everything last night. 52 different BCT items! After I get through all of those, I still have some Lie Nielsen stuff to sell. This gentleman was a serious collector.
randy@hillcityhardwoods.com

Postby allendavid673@gmail.com » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:15 am

Online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay look to be a creation of shared benefit. E-commerce store purchasers gain expanded publicity for their products, someone write my essay for money and the marketplaces increase an expanded product variety without owning to grow inventory. It depends. A marketplace procedure may be a benefit for some retailers and a bust for others.
allendavid673@gmail.com

Return to General Questions