What's the story with Jointmaker Pro blades

If you don't know where to post your comment, put it in here.

Moderator: Michael

What's the story with Jointmaker Pro blades

Postby mcolacino@mac.com » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:44 pm

I have been trying to get blades for my Jointmaker Pro since last september! It has been on my wishlist since then. I have checked in on the web repeatedly and no luck.

I don't understand what's up with the web site now: "we have the blades despite the message that we don't have the blades, but you have to call us." Beyond strange. So I call several times and get nobody answering. So I eventually leave my name and number on the general mailbox and ask for a return call. No return call. This is incredibly frustrating--my blade is quite dull and it renders the who device not usable. I am only posting here because you don't provide any mechanism for emailing you. Why can't this be ordered over the web like all of the other Bridge City things I have ordered? Why not have a general mailbox? What's up with these blades..without blades this device is a paperweight.

--Incredibly frusatrated long-time repeat loyal customer
Michael Colacino
mcolacino@mac.com

Re: What's the story with Jointmaker Pro blades

Postby rwest » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:45 am

Michael,

I can only imagine how frustrating it would be if I couldn't use my JMP! I had a "paranoid" episode years ago and I stocked up a silly amount- something like 50 blades, I would get a pack or two every time I ordered something, of course in the early years, I hadn't perfected my work holding technique and lost a few blades through my own fault. Pretty cool you got to actually wear one out rather than break it.

I'm not sure what happened, I have always been able to get through. Maybe with Michael gone, they are behind, well anyways, there is an email address under the contact us section at the bottom of the page: sales@bridgecitytools.com

I also know that emailing John is something that he encourages if you have an issue- how many presidents of companies do that? His email is john@bridgecitytools.com

I hope this is helpful,
Rutager
rwest

Postby paul@paulkirchnerstudios.com » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:22 pm

I know this has been talked about somewhere but this is one tool in the Bridge City Tool Works that may not be able to be passed down to the next generation. If we can assume that All Things Must Pass, then there will come a time when the blades can longer be had and that renders the JMP fairly impotent. The blades can't be resharpened and with them being custom made by one manufacturer it really makes a case for the JMP to be useful only within the lifetime of blade acquisition.
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there are plans or will be plans for somehow the blades to be available for the future generations.
paul@paulkirchnerstudios.com

Postby Consuelo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi Michael,

I sent you an email last Monday, however, I do believe you are out of town this week. I apologize for not being able to speak with you over the phone last week as you were interested in ordering spare Jointmaker Blades. As we are a small boutique company based in Portland, Oregon, I was out of the office last Thursday and Friday due to a medical emergency and was not able to make arrangements for a temporary customer service rep to take my place in my absence. I was able to briefly respond to and address customer emails on the morning of the 21st, and did not see an email from you come through. I apologize if this inconvenienced you in any way, but due to the severity of what happened to me, I had limited access to addressing customer needs on those days.

We do have JMP blades available to purchase: The Crosscut A and Crosscut B (we currently do not have any RIP blades and will arrive around May of this year). I would be happy to place an order in your behalf (and I can do this via email should we not be able to connect over the phone).

Looking forward to your response!

Best,
Consuelo
Consuelo

Return to General Questions