DJ-2 Drilling Jig Metric Kit

If you don't know where to post your comment, put it in here.

Moderator: Michael

DJ-2 Drilling Jig Metric Kit

Postby behai_nguyen@hotmail.com » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:39 am

Good evening,

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I must state that I have not a single of your wonderful tools. And I am completely new to woodworking.

I have some questions regarding the DJ-2 Drilling Jig Metric Kit please.

1. Does the DJ-2 Drilling Jig Metric Kit allow me to drill holes in the center of a rectangular piece?
  2. It comes with bushings from 4mm to 14mm, so does that mean the smallest drill bit I can use is 4mm, and the largest is 14mm?
  3. Is this the whole DJ-2 not including the bushings, please:

4. Would you have it available by any chance, please?
  5. How much for the delivery to Melbourne, Australia, please?

Thank you and best regards,

...behai.
behai_nguyen@hotmail.com

Re: DJ-2 Drilling Jig Metric Kit

Postby rwest » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Hello and welcome Behai,

I'll try and help you on some of the questions, for the ones on availability and shipping, send them an email at sales@bridgecitytools.com

1. The DJ-2 will allow you to drill on the center of a board by lining up the graduations on the beam to the same on each beam, or allow you to drill an offset by using the scale to set it to whatever your offset is. If you want automatic centering, but without the easy offset capability, you would want the DJ-1jig.

2. You need a bushing to match the size of your drill bit, so in the case of the metric set, you get bushings to drill from 4mm to 14mm in 1mm increments. You couldn't for instance use a 5.5mm drill bit; each bushing does one size only.

3.the photo shows the optional flip stop that isn't included in the set, you would need to purchase that separately for approximately $60 US.

I hope I was able to answer your questions clearly,

Best,
Rutager
rwest

Re: DJ-2 Drilling Jig Metric Kit

Postby davidbaeley@gmail.com » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:20 am

:D
davidbaeley@gmail.com

Return to General Questions