Zero Glare 12" Bench Rule

If you don't know where to post your comment, put it in here.

Moderator: Michael

Zero Glare 12" Bench Rule

Postby ForumMFG » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:47 am

On the metric portion of the rule, anyone care to inform me of what some of the graduations are specifically where each arrow is and why some are linked together (the ones that have a arc on the top).
ForumMFG

Postby rwest » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi,

The arrows are located at 32mm intervals to aid those doing "European" style cabinetry. I beleive the arcs are just a design element!

-Rutager
rwest

Postby ForumMFG » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 am

Ruta,

Thanks for the answers. I should have known better. I work for a company that builds Euro Style cabinets. The little things that make you feel like an idiot!

Knowing BCTW, the arcs must be something other than just a design element =).
ForumMFG

Postby rwest » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Forum MFG,

When I saw your question I tried to find a catalog where the "BR" rules where introduced, but couldn't. So the next best thing was the catalog entry for the RS-18 ruler, which has the same markings on the metric scale. Here's the wording in the catalog: "The millimeter rule is a unique rule with extraordinary artwork with 32mm splits indicated." So my guess is that the arcs are the extraordinary artwork! Which also might serve the purpose of making the mm scale stand out from the inch scales since it is out numbered!

-Rutager
rwest

Postby ForumMFG » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:01 am

Thanks for the info!
ForumMFG

Return to General Questions