Drivel Starved Nation!
Well, this week is the last week of the Portland office. For the past couple of weeks I have had teenage help around here but I miscalculated when school started, so this week I am flying solo. And since I was here by myself I haven’t been very productive. But the reason is not what your are thinking.
Monday, I was cleaning out a file cabinet and found three big, three-ring binders full of Bridge City photographs. There were picnics, softball games, Christmas parties, bowling and trade show memories. I have to admit it was a tough day knowing those days are behind me. So yesterday was a melancholy day.
So even though I fell nothing is happening here, there are things getting done — here is an update regarding our pre-order commitments;
1) KM-2 Kerfmakers have all shipped.
2) Scratch Awls pre-orders have all been filled.
4) The scraper plane soles and SS sides are all done with bead blast and passivation. The last part before I begin assembly will be done next week and that is the front tote. I did get a first-article pic from the laser engraver of the cap, and although it is a little blurry, position and art is spot on;
5) The HP-6 mixed bag of pre-orders will begin shipping tomorrow.
6) All parts for the Universal Tools are done with milling, the bodies (the last part to be milled) is now at anodizing.
7) As mentioned several times earlier, Pencil Precision is scheduled for 4th quarter 2018.
Candidly, I am beat. This is way more work than I ever thought and at some point, I will need to take a couple of days off to get my head straight. I have had three days off the last 3 months and it is really messing with my attitude. I am looking forward to being a tool maker again and getting the Scraper Plane assembled and the Universal Tool, but it needs to be fun, and right now that is in short supply.
Regarding the Grand Opening of the new Bridge City Tool Works in Montclair, CA on Oct. 20th I am confirming that Consuelo, and her clan will be there! There is an impressive list of Drivel Starved Nation attending so it should be so much fun.
Lastly, if anything changes regarding the schedule, you will learn it here first!