The SE Dual Angle Smoother is an extraordinary tool and features a copper base mechanism, stainless steel sole, and double dovetailed brass sides. It is a tour-de-force of toolmaking craftsmanship.
An optional walnut case is also available to purchase alongside the limited edition plane.
Only 50 of these exquisitely crafted tools wil be made and have a few units remaining. Contact us to pre-order yours today.
• Overall weight with the depth skids attached: 6.7 lbs.
• Sole is milled from 304 stainless billet
• Rear tote is investment cast 304 stainless--inside surfaces painted black
• Irons A2 tool steel, Rc 60-62, Cryo treated, optical lap; rms <1
• Bed is 12 degrees
• Attack angles 42 & 47 degrees
• Aluminum blade guard attaches via rare earth magnets
• Iron is 2" wide x .22" thick
• Maximum depth skid setting = 1.77"
• Front "mushroom" tote is black chromed steel as is the contoured washer.
• Adjustable mouth
• Backlash free stainless steel iron depth adjuster; 72 TPI, .003" of iron depth per rev
• Solid copper Integral blade retention "over the top" mechanism
• Lateral blade cant achievable by adjuster but fingers through the side work better.
• Good luck penny nested in plane bed
• Tension arm, blade cap, link are solid copper
• Sides are 360 half-hard brass alloy double dovetailed to sole.
• Mechanism clamp arm is investment cast 304 stainless steel.
• Skids can be set at different heights for making tapered louvers
• Walnut display box is not included but available