Last Call for Entries: 2011 Sh!t Bunny Award
“I am not a vegetarian because I love animals. I’m a vegetarian because I hate plants.” –A. Whitney Brown
Each year we do our best to breach the subject of design, or the lack thereof, in the avocational woodworking community.
We understand that it is more fun to talk about glue, rags that spontaneous combust, the evils of MDF, and the Global Ripoff known as Bridge City tools, but at the end of the day, looking at a well made, well designed piece is way more fun.
Simple FACT 1: There is more bad work than good.
Simple FACT 2: We have all made BAD WORK.
Simple FACT 3: Nobody wants to repeat your BAD WORK.
Simple FACT 4: In order to prevent Simple Fact 3, we here at BCTW need to ferret out said bad work from the Drivel Starved Nation.
Simple FACT 5: If you are honest with yourself, and you want to help mankind, send us a pic of a piece that you made that you would never repeat because…well, YOU WANT TO WIN ONE OF THESE…
As you might imagine, entrants must have some traits that would prevent them from suing us. They include;
1. Maker must have a sense of humor.
2. Maker must recognize that they have made something that only their mother would love.
3. Maker understands that design is a much deeper discipline than woodworking techniques.
4. Maker agrees that he/she has learned from said entry and would never repeat whatever it was that should have caused the piece to never have been built in the first place.
5. Maker agrees that as a Sh!t Bunny Award winner, your name will forever be associated with, er, Fred West.
6. Maker understands that our promises of TV shows, red carpet appearances and yet to be named benefits were exaggerated a little. Maybe a lot.
7. Maker understands that the coveted Sh!t Bunny Award is recognized by the IRS as $19.95 of unearned income. FYI.
Here is my biggest fear: We might lose our ability to legally claim “Totally Awesome and Worthless” in association with this Totally Awesome and Worthless Blog. The Sh!t Bunny Award is AWESOME! And if we don’t find a winner, then we become WORTHLESS. Get it?
Got game? email@example.com