We made a quick video of the new app for the AngleMaster Prov2 which will soon be released for pre-order and we hope you can help us improve it before we commit.
Since we have been discussing this new tool over the past year, here are a list of improvements over the original, 2001 version of the AngleMaster Pro …
- The AngleMaster Pro v2 does not need a set-up block to align the caliper to the AMP body.
- one leg is magnetic–helps with stability on machine surfaces and allows conversion into a square/miter square with a pocket rule
- one leg features a “V” groove for working with cylindrical references, i.e.; drill press table alignment, pipe rise/run, etc.
- bosses on the back allow the tool to sit flat and function as a transfer bevel
- all ball bearing pivots, tension is adjustable.
- 100% anodized aluminum construction, no rust issues
- common angles are laser etched on back of tool
- dovetailed feet for future attachments
- positive, factory set 90 degree stop
- improved caliper jaw clamp
We are really pleased with this tool and believe you will be too–it now has officially earned our “Bridge City Essential” classification.
A word about the video; this was made for the sole purpose for your review and subsequent comments and suggestions–it is raw, and we will take it down when the official marketing video gets posted.
The app in the video was written for the iPhone, iTouch and the iPad. All other smartphones can access the exact same data set via web link. We are not going to publish a manual but will, on request, provide a PDF manual for those who want to print out 300 pages of numbers.
I look forward to making this app better with your help.
So–what do you think?
PS: Belated Happy New Year!